Homemade Horseradish Sauce Recipe
Easy Homemade Horseradish Sauce Recipe
Homemade horseradish sauce – there’s nothing quite like it for flavour and it’s really easy to make.
This is an instance where I would recommend modern technology (a food processor) over the old style technique (hand grating) – partly because fresh horseradish is so strong it may have you weeping over your grater, and partly because the flavour dissipates quite quickly so the sooner you can capture it in the sauce the better.
- 100g fresh horseradish root
- 3-4 tablespoons of cyder vinegar
- 200g creme fraiche
- half a teaspoon English mustard
- a pinch of salt & sugar to taste
- Wash & peel the horseradish, chop roughly
- Blitz the horseradish pieces in a food processor with the vinegar
- Stir the horseradish and mustard into the crème fraiche and add the salt and sugar if desired.
- Ideally, leave the sauce for a few hours before serving.
- Store in a lidded jar, which will keep for several days in the fridge. You can also freeze the sauce, although it won’t taste quite as punchy as the freshly made sauce.
To buy your own horseradish plant : https://huntlyherbs.co.uk/product/horseradish-amoracia-rusticana/